May 2

Strange Radar Anomalies + Area 51 = ???

Preamble: I would recommend everyone bookmark the url to the current national radar loop ( http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/Loop/NatLoop.gif ) and check it several times daily ;)

So I was busy going about my internet business, doing some armchair investigations when I happened to notice a strange beam on radar emanating southern Nevada:
(This beam actually seemed to sweep ever so slightly from west to east, you can find a link to the full animated gif loop at the bottom of this post)

A few hours later, I saw another beam coming from Northern Colorado which seemed to be pointing roughly to the area where the other beam had been seen previously:

Being curious, I decided to overlay the full size national radar loops on top of each other to see if these beams did in fact point to the same area. I just took one frame from each loop and changed the opacity so that you can sort of see both of them at once. Then I drew some lines originating from the source of each beam on the radar:
(Click the image to view full size which is much easier to see. You can also see the actual time/date stamps on the full loops linked at the bottom of this post)

The intersection point, roughly, seems to be some place in south-central Nevada, strangely close to Area 51. I decided to pull up Google maps to see what I might find.

Due to the radar image being slightly distorted and squashed, it was fairly difficult to estimate the point of intersection based only on rough observation, and I am still trying to see if it is possible to determine any kind of exact co-ordinates. After some poking around trying to base the location on county boundaries and other geographical features (switching between Google earth which shows county lines and Google maps which does not), I began to carefully zoom in. The first major landmark that caught my eye was the presence of a road called "Extraterrestrial Highway".

As I started to get close to the area that I thought it looked like the beams intersected on the map, I started to notice some black spots with lines emanating radially out from their centers; you can see Extraterrestrial Highway to the northeast, and Area 51 lies about 25 miles to the Southwest (click image to view full size, click here for Google maps link)

Upon zooming in very close on the dark spot in the bottom left, you can see something that is very…strange, for lack of any better explanation:
(click the image for full size view, click here for the Google maps link)

So what does all of this mean? I have no idea…probably nothing…or maybe a UFO was being tracked by radar…or maybe there has been some sort of green toxic spill in the Nevada desert…or maybe I just need to stop thinking about this kind of stuff. At any rate, due to some requests I've typed this all up into a post for all to see and share and come to your own conclusions

Also as promised, here are the links to the original radar loops which show the beam-type signatures on them; take note that the beam seems to sweep left-->right in the first loop: 1 & 2

Brief Update After Publishing This Post: Looks like there are more beams over the same area of Nevada

Just as an additional disclaimer, I do not claim any ownership of these images, they are likely property of the National Weather Service and Google

6 comments so far...

• Sherpa Said on May 4th, 2011 at 20:01:
  • LobsterMan Said on May 4th, 2011 at 21:05:

o_0

• Horace Azpiazu Said on May 12th, 2011 at 20:43:

oh lawdy

• David LD Said on June 28th, 2011 at 04:49:

Both the "radar beams" & the dark spots on the ground with lines radiating from them are extremely common, perfectly harmless, and have been 101% explained countless times on dozens, most likely hundreds, of web-sites.
    I myself have given the detailed explanation of them many times, along with numerous sources of documentation proving my work, and occasionally even pictures taken mere feet away from some of the spots-on-the-ground. But what I've found out also is that MOST of the time, if someone has noticed these things & went right straight for the "strange" explanation, rather than doing a few minutes of research to figure out the "common sense" explanation (and the correct one), then they aren't interested at all in the REAL answer, only the mysterious one.
    While I'm not implying that would describe your reaction to the real answer, it's almost always a red flag when the stuff like Area 51 has already been included in the formula. Through much experience, I've found out that in well over 90% of these type instances, it's a complete waste of time showing the REAL explanation. Even when presenting numerous well-detailed sources of info explaining the lines & spots, you'll be fought every step of the way by people who only want to hear the mysterious explanation, not the correct one.
    So, I quit showing the answers to this phenomenon years ago, since it rarely does any good. I will say however, as above, the truthful solution to your lines & spots are out there on the web in multiple locations, along with plenty of detailed info to back it all up. Those correct answers are also very easy to locate ….. as long as you STAY AWAY FROM the Area-51/Conspiracy type sites. On THOSE sites, the truth behind these things are either buried in rubbish, or simply deleted entirely from the whole site.
    So if you want the answer, then throw away your Area-51 map stuff up there ^^^^^^^ and start looking in more down-to-Earth type sites. All will be revealed, but only YOU can make yourself believe the truth. And alot of people don't let themselves do that, since the mysterious-based stuff is just SO much more interesting than the stuff based on reality.
    Good luck with your research.

• kevile Said on June 28th, 2011 at 15:01:

back that shit up david. post a link.

• kalue Said on July 9th, 2013 at 22:01: